Family Fun Run/Walk – 5K, 10K, 10 Mile + 1 Mile Keiki Run
Race is Sunday, July 30, 2017 – 6:30am–10:30am
Bring the entire family! Join in the fun and participate in the 2017 Koloa Plantation Days’ Family Fun Run! Four different course lengths for you to choose from depending on your ability, endurance… or motivation. All courses allow you to test your endurance while enjoying some of the most beautiful ocean views on Kauai’s South Shore!
Packet Pick Up:
Saturday, July 29, 1pm-5pm Poipu Beach Park
Sunday, July 30, 6am-9am Poipu Beach Park
Saturday, July 29, 1pm-5pm, Poipu Beach Park
Sunday, July 30, 6am-7:30am, Poipu Beach Park
$5 Late fee applies for all late registrations (except keiki)
Event jerseys/T-shirts not guaranteed for late registration
Awards will be given for 1st – 3rd place overall and/or 1st place for each age division for each race course. Come for the prizes, race jersey/T-shirts, food and drinks, outstanding variety of silent auction items, and a fun party on the beach! Special awards for all youth 12 and under participating. Preferred race shirt sizes not guaranteed for registration after 7/15/2017.
NOTE: temporary road closures and/or traffic delays from 7am – 10am.
Officials Area opens at 6:00am
Late Registration: 6:00am-7:00am
Late charge of $5 extra applies to all adult registration on day of race.
10 Mile Walk Start: 6:30am
10 Mile Run Start: 7:00am
5K & 10K Run Start: 7:30am
1 Mile Keiki Run Start: 9:00am
Race Course Directions:
• Head straight up Hoowili Rd
• Turn right on Poipu Rd and head straight towards the Hyatt (a little less than a mile), turn around and run westward on Poipu road
• Turn left on Kapili Road and head straight
• Turn right on Hoonani Rd continue over the bridge
• Turn left on Lawa’i Rd then continue on to a slight detour and turn into Hoona Rd (this road runs right back on to Lawa’i rd, it adds distance for the 10K)
• Once back onto Lawa’i road the run continues on to Kukuiula Harbor
• Turn left on Amio Rd
• Turn right on Alana Rd (the 10K runners will be turning on the corner of Lawa’i Rd and Alana Rd)
• Turn left back on to Lawa’i road and continue on to the end of the road to the turn around point at the entrance to Allerton Gardens. Then reverse the entire run with the exception that they run straight back to Poipu Beach Park and not go to the Hyatt.
• Head straight up Hoowili Rd
• Turn left on Poipu Rd heading west
• Turn left on Kapili Road heading makai
• Turn right on Hoonani Rd (5K Runners will turn around right before the bridge)
• 10K runners continue over the bridge
• Turn left on Lawa’i road
• Detour onto Hoona Rd then back on to Lawa’i Rd
• Head to Kukuiula Harbor turning left on Amio Rd, then right on Alana Rd and turn around @ the intersection and run the same course back to Poipu Beach Park.
Keiki 1 Mile Fun Run is an adult-guided course all within Poipu Beach Park.
This event is a fundraiser for Kukui’ula Outrigger Canoe Club.
MAHALO TO OUR SPONSORS
Outrigger Hotels & Resorts Kiahuna Plantation
Coldwell Banker Makai Properties
Old Republic Title Co.
Living Foods Market
Bank of Hawaii
Koloa Zipline/Kauai ATV/Aloha Kauai Tours/Seafun Snorkel
The Spine and Pain Center of Kauai